Theme: "Be There" — The letters BE are inserted into familiar phrases.
[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 21A: Eyeball Knox? (BEHOLD THE FORT).
- 27A: Have Alex in the lead? (STAR TREBEK).
- 41A: Moral makeup of Kirk's clan? (DOUGLAS FIBER).
- 71A: Player who spelled Ruth? (BABE'S RELIEF).
- 92A: Like a freezer free of Häagen-Dazs? (OUT OF SORBETS).
- 114A: Defame baseball's Doubleday? (LIBEL ABNER).
- 120A: Legit "Lakmé composer? (KOSHER DELIBES).
- 2D: Where it's all Humphrey all the time? (A WORLD OF HUBERT).
- 52D: Asian plateau projectile? (TIBETAN MISSILE).