Theme: "Bugs at 7" — Note from Merl: This week's puzzle was inspired by a certain wong-eared wascal who first uttered "What's up, doc?" in a cartoon 70 years ago this month (July 27, 1940, to be exact).
[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 22A: Bugs's successor? (HARE TO THE THRONE).
- 31A: Comment to Elmer upon his retirement? (YOU'RE NO FUDD ANYMORE).
- 50A: Operation for Bugs? (RADIAL CARROTOTOMY).
- 60A: Where lawsuits against Bugs usually end up? (A PELLET COURT).
- 77A: Bugs's favorite footwear? (HUTCH PUPPIES).
- 87A: Where Bugs invests his retirement money? (HOPPINHEIMER FUNDS).
- 105A: Bugs's most famous British ancestor? (BUNNY PRINCE CHARLIE).
- 120A: Bugs's favorite author? (RABBIT PEN WARREN).