Theme: "Not I!" — Familiar phrases have a U sound added to them, creating new wacky phrases clued "?"-style.
[Note: This is the syndicated L.A. Times puzzle. It does not appear in the actual newspaper, but is available for free at cruciverb.com.]
- 23A: Organize guards? (UNITE WATCHMEN).
- 31A: How the Knicks of 1985-2000 may have rested their hopes? (ON A EWING AND A PRAYER).
- 43A: Where the Oregon swim team practices? (EUGENE POOLS).
- 59A: Backlash from a Canadian territory? (THE WRATH OF YUKON).
- 68A: Reverse course against one's better judgment? (TAKE A U-TURN FOR THE WORSE).
- 78A: Answer to "Man, where can I find good music videos online?" ("TEST YOUTUBE, BABY").
- 95A: Grateful words for a delivery company? (UPS I LOVE YOU).
- 103A: Headline about declining sales of Nesquik? (YOOHOO'S LAUGHING NOW).
- 121A: Card in the game Car Flop Monopoly? (DO NOT PASS YUGO).
- 41A: Caspian feeder (URAL).
- 63A: Agt. under Ness (T-MAN).
- 111A: Summer quaffs (ADES).
- 126A: Papal garment (ORALE).
- 39D: Lab assistant in a 1939 film (YGOR).
- 56D: Anatomical passage (ITER).
- 84D: "The Council of Elrond" singer (ENYA).
- 104D: Cinema name (ODEON).
- 119D: 1921 Capek play (RUR).