[Note: This is the syndicated L.A. Times puzzle. It does not appear in the actual newspaper, but is available for free at cruciverb.com.]
- 22A: Introductory assortment of wreckage? (FLOTSAM SAMPLER).
- 40A: One-of-a-kind book? (CUSTOM TOME).
- 65A: Place to leave the flock during vacation? (CHICKEN KENNEL).
- 92A: Try to get tallow? (PURSUE SUET).
- 114A: Music for painters? (ENAMEL MELODIES).
- 15D: Scallions for an anniversary party? (JUBILEE LEEKS).
- 59D: Short treatise on junk e-mail? (SPAM PAMPHLET).
- 6A: Tiptop (ACME).
- 13A: Big Indians (RAJAS).
- 30A: Boris Godunov, e.g. (TSAR).
- 45A: Barely earn, with "out" (EKE).
- 79D: Fido's dinnertime extra (ORT).
- 88D: Slender swimmer (EEL).
- 112D: Start of North Carolina's motto (ESSE).