[Note: This is the syndicated L.A. Times puzzle. It does not appear in the actual newspaper, but is available for free at cruciverb.com.]
- 27A: It's a racket (PING PONG PADDLE).
- 41A: S.O.S, for one (SCOURING PAD).
- 64A: "Come again?" ("BEG PARDON?").
- 89A: Group in power (RULING PARTY).
- 101A: State of inaction (HOLDING PATTERN).
- 15D: You might get it in your pajamas (MORNING PAPER).
- 58D: More than a walk-on (SPEAKING PART).
- 110D: Scholastic mean, briefly, hidden in this puzzle's seven longest answers (GPA).
- 40A: Bobby Orr, for most of his career (BRUIN).
- 44A: Gelling agents (AGARS).
- 81A: "Gymnopédies" composer Satie (ERIK).
- 114A: Duel-purpose equipment (ÉPÉES).
- 39D: One making a good impression? (APER).
- 70D: '20s-'30s Flying Cloud, e.g. (REO).