[Note: This is the syndicated L.A. Times puzzle. It does not appear in the actual newspaper, but is available for free at cruciverb.com.]
- 23A: Outwitting a Plymouth parent? (MIND OVER MATER).
- 29A: Loony misanthrope? (MAD HATER).
- 44A: Japanese sleuth who always follows you around? (PERSONAL MOTO).
- 67A: Farm child of destiny? (FATED CALF).
- 88A: Reservation about smoking? (CIGARETTE BUT).
- 103A: Like an Idaho farmer? (IN TATERS).
- 113A: Recollections of an aggressive dog? (BITER MEMORIES).
- 37D: Bulletin board hardware blueprint? (PLAN OF A TACK).
- 42D: Muppet monster quote about a more adorable snack? (COOKIE CUTER).