[Note: This is the syndicated L.A. Times puzzle. It does not appear in the actual newspaper, but is available for free at cruciverb.com.]
- 23A: Hayride musical group? (WAGON BAND).
- 25A: Results of a burglar's bumps and bruises? (TAKING PAINS).
- 38A: Bleating art? (GOATSCAPE).
- 42A: Brief film on kneading and baking? (BREAD SHORT).
- 61A: Contest related to the knife toss? (FORK PITCH).
- 78A: Violinist who loves the spotlight? (STRING HAM).
- 96A: Handy lint-removing tool? (POCKET PICK).
- 98A: Primitive projectile that's like new? (MINT SPEAR).
- 118A: Disaster at a Ritz factory? (CRACKER FIRE).
- 120A: Astronaut's alien squeeze? (MOON HONEY).