[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 23A: First in John Wayne's "Cavalry Trilogy" (FORT APACHE).
- 25A: Cooler in the attic (EXHAUST FAN).
- 57A: James Taylor classic (FIRE AND RAIN).
- 77A: Academic interlude (SPRING BREAK).
- 112A: Racer's goal (FINISH LINE).
- 114A: Recitation competition (POETRY SLAM).
- 3D: "Jabberwocky" weapon (VORPAL SWORD).
- 38D: Moscow landmark (RED SQUARE).
- 53D: Bar sign (BEER ON TAP).
- 69D: Coward (YELLOW BELLY).