[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 23A: 1958 smash (SPLISH SPLASH).
- 25A: 1960s funnies (ZAP COMIX).
- 35A: 1950s cereal (SUGAR POPS).
- 37A: 1960s moonwalker (BUZZ ALDRIN).
- 47A: Snacks that debuted in 1967 (HOSTESS DING-DONGS).
- 70A: Pioneering rock critic that Philip Seymour Hoffman plays in "Almost Famous" (LESTER BANGS).
- 89A: "Cowabunga!" shouter on "The Howdy Doody Show" (CHIEF THUNDER THUD).
- 103A: Cereal introduced in 1963 (CAP'N CRUNCH).
- 106A: Espionage figure who was paroled in 1954 (ALGER HISS).
- 115A: Cartoon character introduced in 1963 (BAMM-BAMM).
- 117A: Hogan's keeper (COLONEL KLINK).