[Note: This is the syndicated L.A. Times puzzle. It does not appear in the actual newspaper, but is available for free at cruciverb.com.]
- 23A: To ace Music Theory, don't wander off __ (IN LA LA LAND).
- 28A: To ace Oceanography, don't let the prof know you've __ (GONE FISHING).
- 69A: To ace Electrical Engineering, don't fall __ (ASLEEP AT THE SWITCH).
- 95A: To ace Math, avoid being __ (AT SIXES AND SEVENS).
- 114A: To ace Cosmology, don't get __ (LOST IN SPACE).
- 120A: To ace Culinary Arts, avoid being __ (OUT TO LUNCH).
- 21A: Role in the 1992 film "Chaplin" (OONA).
- 39A: Arab League member (OMAN).
- 54A: Waterfront org. (ILA).
- 55A: Sudanese president __ al-Bashir (OMAR).
- 81A: Cheri of "SNL" (OTERI).
- 93A: Jump for Sonja (AXEL).
- 3D: Inspiration for Van Gogh (ARLES).
- 58D: Mennen lotion (AFTA).
- 96D: "Night" writer Wiesel (ELIE).
- 108D: Big name in compacts (ESTÉE).