[Note: This is the syndicated L.A. Times puzzle. It does not appear in the actual newspaper, but is available for free at cruciverb.com.]
- 23A: Golfer's excuse for a bad chip shot? (IRON DEFICIENCY).
- 29A: Golfer's shot into a water hazard? (STROKE OF MISFORTUNE).
- 49A: Golfer's lament about failing to recognize different ball positions? (I CANNOT TELL A LIE).
- 65A: What a golfer who's not playing well doesn't do? (GET IN THE SWING OF THINGS).
- 84A: Mind-set for a golfer wary of sand? (BUNKER MENTALITY).
- 109A: Golfer's admission after missing fairways? (I HAD A ROUGH TIME).
- 52A: Digs up? (AERIE).
- 71A: Greek marketplaces (AGORAE).
- 80A: Indian nurses (AMAHS).
- 90A: Long bones (ULNAE).
- 57D: Muslim general (AGA).
- 105D: 1847 novel set on Tahiti (OMOO).
- 107D: Paris possessive (SES).
- 114D: Craggy crest (TOR).