[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 20A: Movie about an unruly judge? (THE WILD BENCH).
- 37A: Certain board member's memoir? (THAT'S HOW I PAROLE).
- 56A: Slippery plea to a higher court? (BANANA APPEAL).
- 72A: Acquittal for Adam and Eve? (PARDON OF EDEN).
- 85A: Docket clerk's dilemma? (WHICH CLAIM FIRST).
- 109A: Taking candy from a baby? (NURSERY CRIME).
- 1D: Request for an attorney's argument? (WHERE'S THE BRIEF).
- 52D: Shoring up the accused's case? (DEFENSE MENDING).