Theme: Do I need to draw you a picture? — theme answers are all things that can be drawn.
- 17A: *Relaxing soak (NICE HOT BATH).
- 26A: *Great concert turnout (LARGE CROWD).
- 39A: *Many an exec's remuneration (SIX-FIGURE SALARY).
- 51A: *Unlucky selection (SHORT STRAW).
- 61A: What you can say about sketches, and about the answers to the starred clues (THEY'RE DRAWN).
In other good news for me this morning, this puzzle was easy breezy. I solved acrosses (my spellcheck wants acrosses to be carouses — ha!), then downs, then acrosses, then downs, and boom! I was done.
- 6A: Rice-__ (A-RONI). That San Francisco treat!
- 15A: Binary system digits (ZEROS). See also 46A: Binary system digits (ONES).
- 16A: Exercise unit (REP). Were we just talking about this here the other day? No, I think it was over at Rex's. Anyway rep in this case means repetition, but it's a word all on its own now.
- 66A: NFL's Cardinals, on scoreboards (ARI). By the time I got to the T in STL, I remembered that they moved. A long time ago.
- 28D: Kurt of Nirvana (COBAIN).
- 41D: Corsica neighbor (ELBA). Y'all read CW101 yesterday, right? Right??
- 61D: Pa. plant in the 1979 news (TMI). Three Mile Island.
- 62D: Like Gen. Powell (RET.). Distinguished? handsome? Republican? tall? kinda geeky looking? Oh, retired. Okay.