[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see the write-up of today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 21A: Opera about spellbinding stairs? (THE MAGIC FLIGHT [flute]).
- 37A: Mensa, perhaps? (BRIGHT [brute] FORCE).
- 54A: Frost in the West Indies? (JAMAICA RIME [rum]).
- 74A: Billboard mogul? (THE SIGN [Sun] KING).
- 92A: Taste the Treasure State? (BITE [Butte,] MONTANA).
- 109A: Pattern for Lance Armstrong? (PASSING THE BIKE [buck]).
- 15D: Sights at rural wrecking yards? (TRACTOR PILES [pulls]).
- 58D: Plays charades? (MIMES [mum's] THE WORD).