Theme: "Roger Wilco!" — Theme answers are all synonyms of "Affirmative!"
- 17A: "Affirmative!" ("POSITIVELY!").
- 27A: "Affirmative!" ("OF COURSE!").
- 46A: "Affirmative!" ("YESSIREE!").
- 59A: "Affirmative!" ("BY ALL MEANS!").
- 11D: "Affirmative!" ("OKEY DOKEY!").
- 34D: "Affirmative!" ("SURE THING!").
- 1A: Coffee, slangily (JAVA).
- 15A: Explorer Sebastian (CABOT). Hey, wait. I thought that was the guy who played Mr. French on "Family Affair." Oh, okay. He had the same name.
- 24A: Mountain climber's return (DESCENT). It's always good when a mountain climber has one of those.
- 35A: Poses (SITS). I had acts at first.
- 36A: Singer __ Rock (KID). Okay, I know what you're saying. "Kid Rock is not a singer! He does that awful rap stuff that some people call music." Well, I hate to break this to you, but the kid can actually sing.
- 37A: Hair style for Marie Antoinette (POUF). Really? This is a real hairstyle? I love it.
- 50A: Place for an Eggo (TOASTER). Me: "Um ... my stomach?"
- 1D: Made fun of (JAPED). This word was obviously included to teach me a lesson. (Long story.)
- 39D: Actresses Clarke and West (MAES). I've never heard of Mae Clarke, but I assume some of you have.
[Follow PuzzleGirl on Twitter.]
Everything Else — 5A: Exchanges (SWAPS); 10A: Tapestry machine (LOOM); 14A: Actor Arkin (ADAM); 16A: Gumbo ingredient (OKRA); 19A: Fanny (REAR); 20A: Poetic preposition (ERE); 21A: Pay careful attention to (HEED); 22A: Vocal cords locale (LARYNX); 26A: Like many bathroom floors (TILED); 29A: Spanish gold (ORO); 32A: Like an inspection (ON-SITE); 38A: USA neighbor (MEX.); 39A: "Didn't you get the __?" (MEMO); 40A: Driveway covering, perhaps (TAR); 41A: "Good buddy" (CB'ER); 43A: Nightly ritual for many (PRAYER); 45A: "__ Loves You": Beatles hit (SHE); 48A: Rubbish (TRASH); 56A: Scold, with "out" (BAWL); 57A: Big Band __ (ERA); 58A: Switchblade (SHIV); 62A: Window part (PANE); 63A: Like a Stephen King novel (EERIE); 64A: Excursion (TRIP); 65A: Exit indicator (SIGN); 66A: Tire pattern (TREAD); 67A: Easter egg decorators (DYES); 2D: Like a lot (ADORE); 3D: Bouquet receptacles (VASES); 4D: "__ dreaming?" (AM I); 5D: Physics, for one (SCIENCE); 6D: Greet from across the street (WAVE TO); 7D: Not up (ABED); 8D: D.C. go-getter (POL); 9D: Salon worker (STYLIST); 10D: Peter who played Mr. Moto (LORRE); 12D: Algerian seaport (ORAN); 13D: Comedy's __ Brothers (MARX); 18D: An alarm may deter it (THEFT); 23D: Pub offerings (ALES); 25D: Salon do (COIF); 26D: Cereal with a spokesrabbit (TRIX); 28D: Computer operators (USERS); 30D: Frosty coating (RIME); 31D: Skunk's defense (ODOR); 32D: Chooses (to) (OPTS); 33D: Biblical boat builder (NOAH); 38D: Stocking material (MESH); 41D: Greenish-blue hue (CYAN); 42D: Wisest choice (BEST BET); 43D: Searched for prey, lion-style (PROWLED); 44D: King's domain (REALM); 47D: Appennini locale (ITALIA); 49D: Poe's one-word bird (RAVEN); 51D: Not dry-eyed (TEARY); 52D: Singer Tennessee __ Ford (ERNIE); 53D: Coarse files (RASPS); 54D: Daily delivery org. (USPS); 55D: Asian cuisine (THAI); 56D: In the buff (BARE); 60D: "__ out!": ump's call (YER); 61D: LAX datum (ETD).