[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see the write-up of today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 23A: Bird with a badge? (LOON OFFICER).
- 28A: Bird royal? (PRINCE OF QUAILS).
- 41A: Coos bird? (DUCK OF THE BAY).
- 67A: Blend of bird voices? (FOUR PARROT HARMONY).
- 92A: Turned toward birds? (GULL ORIENTED).
- 108A: Standard bird? (TYPICAL TANAGER).
- 116A: Hold over birds? (WREN CONTROL).
- 14D: Birds' build? (GROUSE ANATOMY).
- 56D: Bourgeois birds? (SQUARE FINCHES).