[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see the write-up of today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 22A: Nonsense about racehorses? (P[h]ONY BALONEY).
- 32A: Police batons? (C[h]OPSTICKS).
- 61A: Post-Halloween activity? (T[h]REAT ASSESSMENT).
- 91A: Mrs. Dracula? (WIFE OF BAT[h]).
- 104A: Crop planting? (S[h]OW BUSINESS).
- 30D: Lovesick quipster? (INFATUATED WIT[h]).
- 35D: Flower stronghold? (BLOSSOM FORT[h]).
- 36D: Sprightly people? (ANIMATED S[h]ORTS).
- 42D: Be an anklet at a costume party? (COME AS A S[h]OCK).