[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see the write-up of today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 25A: Cost of hens, coops, etc.? (EGG OVERHEAD).
- 42A: Follow up on inventing the wheel? (DISCOVER BRAKES).
- 85A: Embellished reporting? (GILDED COVERAGE).
- 104A: Pitch a president? (HEAVE HOOVER).
- 16D: Sport played among jetsam? (OVERBOARD GAME).
- 24D: The morning after? (HANGOVER TIME).
- 48D: Hyde's cowboy counterpart? (DROVER JEKYLL).
- 51D: Scraps in Dr. Frankenstein's lab? (LEFTOVER BRAIN).