[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see the write-up of today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 21A: Dixie Chicks hit (COWBOY TAKE ME AWAY).
- 32A: Newspapers and the like (MASS MEDIA).
- 57A: Reliable investment (BLUE CHIP STOCK).
- 83A: Founder of modern China (SUN YAT-SEN).
- 96A: Weigh in, in a way (EXPRESS AN OPINION).
- 15D: Treat harshly (RIDE ROUGHSHOD).
- 35D: Whistler's Mother, for one (OIL PAINTING).
- 47D: SEALs' kin (SPECIAL FORCES).