Update from Amy: I did the puzzle in the L.A. Times' applet since it's still not available in Across Lite. Answer grid and brief write-up posted.
Another update, from Doug this time. I've posted the grid & theme answers. Mmmmm...cake.
M O N D A YSeptember 19, 2011
Theme: Off With Her Head! — First parts of theme entries form a quote from Marie Antoinette.
- 17A: "No holds barred!" (LET IT ALL HANG OUT).
- 22A: Where there's gold, in prospector-speak (THEM THAR HILLS).
- 38A: Swallow one's pride (EAT CROW).
- 53A: Worker with icing and sprinkles (CAKE DECORATOR).
- 62A: Ruler to whom the quote formed by the starts of 17-, 22-, 38-, and 53-Across is often attributed (MARIE ANTOINETTE).