[Note: This is the syndicated L.A. Times puzzle. It does not appear in the actual newspaper, but is available for free at cruciverb.com.]
- 23A: Poor prep technique earned the apprentice the nickname __ (TURKEY BASTER).
- 34A: He thought NASA sewed astronauts' uniforms with the __ (SPACE NEEDLE).
- 48A: Mixing up orders from a cop and a priest, he __ (COLLARED THE WRONG MAN).
- 65A: He designed a shirt, but wound up with a vest because he __ (LOST THE THREAD).
- 82A: Jogging, he forgot about the pin cushion in his pocket and __ (GOT A STITCH IN HIS SIDE).
- 100A: He thought inferior fabric came from __ (WORSTED WOOL).
- 113A: Upon reviewing the apprentice's work, the boss said, "Truly you are a __" (TAILOR'S DUMMY).