[Note: This is the puzzle that appears in the Sunday L.A. Times newspaper. If you don't get the paper, you can find the puzzle here. Scroll down to see the write-up of today's syndicated puzzle.]
- 23A: School of foolish talk? (PRATTLE INSTITUTE).
- 36A: Sociable line of rulers? (MINGLE DYNASTY).
- 58A: Evidence of cattle theft? (RUSTLE PROOF).
- 80A: Gherkin in a class by itself? (PICKLE APART).
- 98A: Chateau made of stucco? (PLASTER CASTLE).
- 116A: INXS's ode to badgering? (NEEDLE YOU TONIGHT).
- 16D: Fastball pitcher's universe? (A WORLD OF HURTLE).
- 48D: Cheap laugh? (TWO-BUCK CHUCKLE).